5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
Lord, may your house be my abode
And all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest
While others go and come,
No more a stranger or a guest
But like a child at home. Amen.
- For the choir director: “Do Not Destroy.” A Miktam of David.
- Do you really speak righteously, you mighty ones? Do you judge people fairly? 2 No, you practice injustice in your hearts; with your hands you weigh out violence in the land.
- 3 The wicked go astray from the womb; liars wander about from birth. 4 They have venom like the venom of a snake, like the deaf cobra that stops up its ears, 5 that does not listen to the sound of the charmers who skillfully weave spells.
- 6 God, knock the teeth out of their mouths; Lord, tear out the young lions’ fangs. 7 May they vanish like water that flows by; may they aim their blunted arrows. 8 Like a slug that moves along in slime, like a woman’s miscarried child, may they not see the sun.
- 9 Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns– whether green or burning– he will sweep them away. 10 The righteous one will rejoice when he sees the retribution; he will wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
- 11 Then people will say, “Yes, there is a reward for the righteous! There is a God who judges on earth!”
For yourself, pray:
- That you see the final judgment of the wicked and the vindication of God’s justice
Other people to pray for:
- For the governor, senators and other legislators over you
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 58 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)