5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
Lord, I each believer see
As a firmly-planted tree,
Flowing waters, crystal clear,
Make it fruitful year by year:
Green, unfading, are its leaves;
Boundless grace all good achieves.
Evildoers are not so;
Chaff that flies when breezes blow
In your judgment cannot stand,
Set aside, on your left hand,
For you knows your children’s path;
Wicked way will end in wrath.
Lord have mercy, throughout this year.
Keep me in your holy fear. Amen.
- How well it will go for the one who does not walk in the advice of the wicked or stand in the pathway with sinners or sit in the company of mockers! 2 Instead, his delight is in the LORD‘s instruction, and he meditates on it day and night.
- 3 He is like a tree planted beside flowing streams that bears its fruit in its season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- 4 The wicked are not like this; instead, they are like chaff that the wind blows away. 5 Therefore the wicked will not stand up in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. 6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
For yourself, pray:
- That you see the final judgment of the wicked and the vindication of God’s justice
Other people to pray for:
- For others who regularly teach you God’s Word
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to a meditation based on Psalm 1 (YouTube, soloist with guitar and percussion)