5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
Like dogs, my foes growl, hungry, And search for prey to kill;
They find no satisfaction And never have their fill;
But you, LORD, be my refuge, Your love, tomorrow’s song;
Through all my times of trouble, In you, LORD, make me strong. Amen.
- For the choir director: “Do Not Destroy.” A Miktam of David. When Saul sent agents to watch the house and kill him.
- Rescue me from my enemies, my God; protect me from those who rise up against me. 2 Rescue me from those who practice sin, and save me from men of bloodshed. 3 Because look, LORD, they set an ambush for me. Powerful men attack me, but not because of any sin or rebellion of mine. 4 For no fault of mine, they run and take up a position.
- Awake to help me, and take notice. 5 LORD God of Armies, you are the God of Israel. Rise up to punish all the nations; do not show favor to any wicked traitors. Selah
- 6 They return at evening, snarling like dogs and prowling around the city. 7 Look, they spew from their mouths– sharp words from their lips. “For who,” they say, “will hear?”
- 8 But you laugh at them, LORD; you ridicule all the nations. 9 I will keep watch for you, my strength, because God is my stronghold.
For yourself, pray:
- That God saves you from powerful attackers
Other people to pray for:
- For those who scoff at the idea that God hears them or will judge them
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 59 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)