5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
Like dogs, my foes growl, hungry, And search for prey to kill;
They find no satisfaction And never have their fill;
But you, LORD, be my refuge, Your love, tomorrow’s song;
Through all my times of trouble, In you, LORD, make me strong. Amen.
- I will keep watch for you, my Strength, because God is my stronghold. 10 My faithful God will come to meet me; God will let me look down on my adversaries.
- 11 Do not kill them; otherwise, my people will forget. By your power, make them homeless wanderers and bring them down, LORD, our shield. 12 For the sin of their mouths and the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride. They utter curses and lies. 13 Consume them in rage; consume them until they are gone. Then people will know throughout the earth that God rules over Jacob. Selah.
- 14 And they return at evening, snarling like dogs and prowling around the city. 15 They scavenge for food; they growl if they are not satisfied.
- 16 But I will sing of your strength and will joyfully proclaim your faithful love in the morning. For you have been a stronghold for me, a refuge in my day of trouble.
- 17 To you, my strength, I sing praises, because God is my stronghold– my faithful God.
For yourself, pray:
- That God is your strength and your stronghold
Other people to pray for:
- For those who undergoing chemotherapy
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 59 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)