5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
Lord of our time, help us, we pray,
to prize the joy each moment brings;
to squander no good gift today
nor waste our lives on useless things.
In all things waiting to be done,
in private hope and public fame,
make all our purpose in each one
to be the glory of your name. Amen.
- Concerning David, when he pretended to be insane in the presence of Abimelech, who drove him out, and he departed.
- I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. 2 I will boast in the Lord; the humble will hear and be glad. 3 Proclaim the Lord ‘s greatness with me; let us exalt his name together.
- 4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me and rescued me from all my fears. 5 Those who look to him are radiant with joy; their faces will never be ashamed. 6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him from all his troubles.
- 7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and rescues them.
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good. How happy is the person who takes refuge in him!
- 9 You who are his holy ones, fear the LORD, for those who fear him lack nothing. 10 Young lions lack food and go hungry, but those who seek the LORD will not lack any good thing.
For yourself, pray:
- That you revere the Lord
Other people to pray for:
- For those who struggling with fear
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 34 (YouTube, soloist and choir)