5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
Lord of our time, help us, we pray,
to prize the joy each moment brings;
to squander no good gift today
nor waste our lives on useless things.
In all things waiting to be done,
in private hope and public fame,
make all our purpose in each one
to be the glory of your name. Amen.
- Come, children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 Who is someone who desires life, loving a long life to enjoy what is good? 13 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceitful speech. 14 Turn away from evil and do what is good; seek peace and pursue it.
- 15 The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry for help. 16 The face of the LORD is set against those who do what is evil, to remove all memory of them from the earth.
- 17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. 18 The LORD is near the brokenhearted; he saves those crushed in spirit.
- 19 One who is righteous has many adversities, but the LORD rescues him from them all. 20 He protects all his bones; not one of them is broken. 21 Evil brings death to the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be punished.
- 22 The LORD redeems the life of his servants, and all who take refuge in him will not be punished.
For yourself, pray:
- That God’s ears are open to your cries
Other people to pray for:
- For those who feel surrounded by troubles
A psalm, as time allows:
- Listen to Psalm 34 (YouTube, choir)