5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
My hope, my shield you are, Most High.
You guard the upright heart,
But daily show your wrath to those
Who from your laws depart.
I’ll thank you for your righteousness,
Your goodness glorify,
And sing the praises of your name:
Our God, the LORD most High.
- A Shiggaion of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning the words of Cush, a Benjaminite.
- LORD my God, I seek refuge in you; save me from all my pursuers and rescue me 2 or they will tear me like a lion, ripping me apart with no one to rescue me.
- 3 LORD my God, if I have done this, if there is injustice on my hands, 4 if I have done harm to one at peace with me or have plundered my adversary without cause, 5 may an enemy pursue and overtake me; may he trample me to the ground and leave my honor in the dust. Selah
- 6 Rise up, LORD, in your anger; lift yourself up against the fury of my adversaries; awake for me; you have ordained a judgment. 7 Let the assembly of peoples gather around you; take your seat on high over it. 8 The LORD judges the peoples; vindicate me, LORD, according to my righteousness and my integrity.
- 9 Let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous. The one who examines the thoughts and emotions is a righteous God.
For yourself, pray:
- That God’s ears are open to your cries
Other people to pray for:
- For those who feel surrounded by troubles
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 7 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)