5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
My hope, my shield you are, Most High.
You guard the upright heart,
But daily show your wrath to those
Who from your laws depart.
I’ll thank you for your righteousness,
Your goodness glorify,
And sing the praises of your name:
Our God, the LORD most High.
- My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart. 11 God is a righteous judge and a God who shows his wrath every day. 12 If anyone does not repent, he will sharpen his sword; he has strung his bow and made it ready. 13 He has prepared his deadly weapons; he tips his arrows with fire.
- 14 See, the wicked one is pregnant with evil, conceives trouble, and gives birth to deceit. 15 He dug a pit and hollowed it out but fell into the hole he had made. 16 His trouble comes back on his own head; his own violence comes down on top of his head.
- 17 I will thank the Lord for his righteousness; I will sing about the name of the Lord Most High.
For yourself, pray:
- That your shield is with God
Other people to pray for:
- For the unrepentant, that they would fall into the pits they have dug
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 7 (YouTube, band)