5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
Lord, I am like an olive tree
That thrives in your domain,
Dependent on your steadfast love
Whose power can never wane.
May I forever give you praise
For what your hand has done,
Hope in your name, and with your saints
Make all your goodness known. Amen.
- For the choir director. A Maskil of David. When Doeg the Edomite went and reported to Saul, telling him, “David went to Ahimelech’s house.”
- Why boast about evil, you hero! God’s faithful love is constant. 2 Like a sharpened razor, your tongue devises destruction, working treachery. 3 You love evil instead of good, lying instead of speaking truthfully. Selah
- 4 You love any words that destroy, you treacherous tongue! 5 This is why God will bring you down forever. He will take you, ripping you out of your tent; he will uproot you from the land of the living. Selah
- 6 The righteous will see and fear, and they will derisively say about that hero, 7 “Here is the man who would not make God his refuge, but trusted in the abundance of his riches, taking refuge in his destructive behavior.”
- 8 But I am like a flourishing olive tree in the house of God; I trust in God’s faithful love forever and ever. 9 I will praise you forever for what you have done. In the presence of your faithful people, I will put my hope in your name, for it is good.
For yourself, pray:
- That you will flourish forever in God’s house
Other people to pray for:
- For anyone who has wronged you recently
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 52 (YouTube, band)