5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
Be gracious to me, Savior God,
The haven where I hide;
Protect me till the trauma fades
Till storm and flood subside
I call to you, the Lord Most High,
Whose love is sure to last:
Your word rebukes the angry mob;
Your purpose holds me fast. Amen.
- For the choir director: “Do Not Destroy.” A Miktam of David. When he fled before Saul into the cave.
- Be gracious to me, God, be gracious to me, for I take refuge in you. I will seek refuge in the shadow of your wings until danger passes. 2 I call to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me. 3 He reaches down from heaven and saves me, challenging the one who tramples me. Selah
- God sends his faithful love and truth. 4 I am surrounded by lions; I lie down among devouring lions — people whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords.
- 5 God, be exalted above the heavens; let your glory be over the whole earth.
- 6 They prepared a net for my steps; I was despondent. They dug a pit ahead of me, but they fell into it! Selah
- 7 My heart is confident, God, my heart is confident. I will sing; I will sing praises. 8 Wake up, my soul! Wake up, harp and lyre! I will wake up the dawn. 9 I will praise you, Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations. 10 For your faithful love is as high as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches the clouds.
- 11 God, be exalted above the heavens; let your glory be over the whole earth.
For yourself, pray:
- That in all you think and do God will be exalted higher than the sky
Other people to pray for:
- For couples scarred by the death of a baby
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 57 (YouTube, choir with oboe)