5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
O God, you are my God, the goal of all my seeking;
Above life’s empty noise, I long to hear you speaking.
For you my spirit thirsts; my body faints, grows frail,
As in a drought-plagued land where all the deep springs fail.
Let those who seek my life be utterly confounded,
But I will sing with joy when by your might surrounded.
You are my help, O God, your wings my shade will be;
For though I cling to you, you first took hold of me. Amen.
- A psalm of David. When he was in the Wilderness of Judah.
- God, you are my God; I eagerly seek you. I thirst for you; my body faints for you in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water. 2 So I gaze on you in the sanctuary to see your strength and your glory.
- 3 My lips will glorify you because your faithful love is better than life. 4 So I will bless you as long as I live; at your name, I will lift up my hands. 5 You satisfy me as with rich food; my mouth will praise you with joyful lips.
- 6 When I think of you as I lie on my bed, I meditate on you during the night watches 7 because you are my helper; I will rejoice in the shadow of your wings. 8 I follow close to you; your right hand holds on to me.
- 9 But those who intend to destroy my life will go into the depths of the earth. 10 They will be given over to the power of the sword; they will become a meal for jackals. 11 But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by him will boast, for the mouths of liars will be shut.
For yourself, pray:
- That God himself satisfies you, today and eternally
Other people to pray for:
- For those who have lied to you maliciously, that they may be silenced
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 63 (YouTube, band)