5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to the Lord:
O God, you are my God, the goal of all my seeking;
Above life’s empty noise, I long to hear you speaking.
For you my spirit thirsts; my body faints, grows frail,
As in a drought-plagued land where all the deep springs fail.
Let those who seek my life be utterly confounded,
But I will sing with joy when by your might surrounded.
You are my help, O God, your wings my shade will be;
For though I cling to you, you first took hold of me. Amen.
- For the choir director. A psalm of David.
- God, hear my voice when I am in anguish. Protect my life from the terror of the enemy. 2 Hide me from the scheming of wicked people, from the mob of evildoers, 3 who sharpen their tongues like swords and aim bitter words like arrows, 4 shooting from concealed places at the blameless. They shoot at him suddenly and are not afraid.
- 5 They adopt an evil plan; they talk about hiding traps and say, “Who will see them?” 6 They devise crimes and say, “We have perfected a secret plan.” The inner man and the heart are mysterious.
- 7 But God will shoot them with arrows; suddenly, they will be wounded. 8 They will be made to stumble; their own tongues work against them. All who see them will shake their heads.
- 9 Then everyone will fear and will tell about God’s work, for they will understand what he has done. 10 The righteous one rejoices in the Lord and takes refuge in him; all those who are upright in heart will offer praise.
For yourself, pray:
- That you rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him
Other people to pray for:
- For those
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 64 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)