5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray, like David:
In you, O Lord, I find my refuge; never let me be put to shame:
My rock, my fortress, help me, guide me; come for the sake of your great name!
Into your hands I trust my spirit, Lord God of truth, redeeming me:
From falsehood and from fears you save me; you gave me space, and I was free.
Now once again show me your mercy; these heavy years are filled with grief:
Friend, foe and neighbor all discard me, leave me for dead, with no relief.
I hear the whispering tongues of many; fears lie in wait on every side:
They have been plotting, all together; their deadly threats are multiplied. Amen.
- I have heard the gossip of many; terror is on every side. When they conspired against me, they plotted to take my life. 14 But I trust in you, LORD I say, “You are my God.” 15 My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me.
- 16 Let your face shine on your servant; your servant; save me by your faithful love. 17 LORD, do not let me be disgraced when I call on you. Let the wicked be disgraced; let them be quiet in Sheol. 18 Let lying lips that arrogantly speak against the righteous in proud contempt be silenced.
- 19 How great is your goodness that you have stored up for those who fear you and accomplished in the sight of everyone for those who take refuge in you. 20 You hide them in the protection of your presence; you conceal them in a shelter from human schemes, from quarrelsome tongues.
- 21 Blessed be the LORD, for he has wondrously shown his faithful love to me in a city under siege. 22 In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from your sight.” But you heard the sound of my pleading when I cried to you for help.
- 23 Love the LORD, all his faithful ones. The LORD protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant. 24 Be strong, and let your heart be courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD.
For yourself, pray:
- That your times are completely in God’s hands
Other people to pray for:
- For believers you know who keep being lied to
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 31 (YouTube, children’s choir)