5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to God, like David:
How vast is your unfailing love to those by grace forgiven!
It reaches to the skies above and scales the heights of heaven.
From you alone the fountains flow of life and health and peace;
So may we still salvation know, and light and love increase.
O God of glory, known of old, draw near in love divine,
That in your light we may behold the light eternal shine!
- For the choir director. Of David, the LORD‘s servant. An oracle within my heart concerning the transgression of the wicked person:
- Dread of God has no effect on him. 2 For with his flattering opinion of himself, he does not discover and hate his iniquity. 3 The words from his mouth are malicious and deceptive; he has stopped acting wisely and doing good. 4 Even on his bed he makes malicious plans. He sets himself on a path that is not good, and he does not reject evil.
- 5 LORD, your faithful love reaches to heaven, your faithfulness to the clouds. 6 Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your judgments like the deepest sea. LORD, you preserve people and animals. 7 How priceless your faithful love is, God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 8 They are filled from the abundance of your house. You let them drink from your refreshing stream.
- 9 For the wellspring of life is with you. By your light we see light.
- 10 Spread your faithful love over those who know you, and your righteousness over the upright in heart. 11 Do not let the foot of the arrogant come near me or the hand of the wicked drive me away.
- 12 There! The evildoers have fallen. They have been thrown down and cannot rise.
For yourself, pray:
- That you walk in God’s light which no one can drive you away from
Other people to pray for:
- For those who are already tired, though the week has just begun
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 36 (YouTube, choir)