5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to God, like David:
God of might, I call to you: Show me your salvation!
In your name I put my trust, My hope of vindication.
Ruthless strangers hunt me down; Evil foes assail me;
Still I am protected, Lord, For you will never fail me.
When you make the wicked pay And you have them vanish
I will sacrifice to you, Every trouble banished.
When you undermine such threats When such dreams are blighted,
Your deliverance renders me Both grateful and delighted. Amen.
- For the choir director: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David. When the Ziphites went and said to Saul, “Is David not hiding among us?”
- God, save me by your name, and vindicate me by your might! 2 God, hear my prayer; listen to the words from my mouth. 3 For strangers rise up against me, and violent men intend to kill me. They do not let God guide them. Selah
- 4 God is my helper; the LORD is the sustainer of my life. 5 He will repay my adversaries for their evil. Because of your faithfulness, annihilate them.
- 6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you. I will praise your name, LORD, because it is good. 7 For he has rescued me from every trouble, and my eye has looked down on my enemies.
For yourself, pray:
- That God is the sustainer of your life in every trouble
Other people to pray for:
- For prison ministries in your area and their leaders
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 54 (YouTube, soloist with group)