5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to God, like David:
You love will be my song — Lord, keep me far from wrong, and draw me close to you:
Let all that you abhor be banished evermore from what I say and do.
If anyone should try to make me live a lie, consign their plan to fail;
But gladly will I learn from all who can discern what your commands entail.
Lord, I resolve today in all I do and say to stand for what is true:
Your love will be my song, so keep me far from wrong and let me walk with you. Amen.
- A psalm of David.
- I will sing of faithful love and justice; I will sing praise to you, LORD. 2 I will pay attention to the way of integrity. When will you come to me? I will live with a heart of integrity in my house.
- 3 I will not let anything worthless guide me. I hate the practice of transgression; it will not cling to me. 4 A devious heart will be far from me; I will not be involved with evil. 5 I will destroy anyone who secretly slanders his neighbor; I cannot tolerate anyone with haughty eyes or an arrogant heart.
- 6 My eyes favor the faithful of the land so that they may sit down with me. The one who follows the way of integrity may serve me. 7 No one who acts deceitfully will live in my palace; the one who tells lies will not be retained here to guide me.
- 8 Every morning I will destroy all the wicked of the land, wiping out all evildoers from the LORD ‘s city.
For yourself, pray:
- That no one worthless will guide you
Other people to pray for:
- For the president and his top advisors
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Listen to Psalm 101 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)