5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray like David:
I praise you, God of justice, enthroned for evermore,
A stronghold in affliction, a refuge to the poor:
Attend the cry of victims, remember their despair;
Be faithful. Listen. Honor the faith that sparks our prayer. Amen.
- LORD, why do you stand so far away? Why do you hide in times of trouble? 2 In arrogance the wicked relentlessly pursue their victims; let them be caught in the schemes they have devised.
- 3 For the wicked one boasts about his own cravings; the one who is greedy curses and despises the LORD. 4 In all his scheming, the wicked person arrogantly thinks, “There’s no accountability, since there’s no God.”
- 5 His ways are always secure; your lofty judgments have no effect on him; he scoffs at all his adversaries. 6 He says to himself, “I will never be moved — from generation to generation without calamity.”
- Cursing, deceit, and violence fill his mouth; trouble and malice are under his tongue. 8 He waits in ambush near settlements; he kills the innocent in secret places. His eyes are on the lookout for the helpless; 9 he lurks in secret like a lion in a thicket. He lurks in order to seize a victim; he seizes a victim and drags him in his net.
For yourself pray:
- That you will hang onto God during your next time of terrible trouble
Other people to pray for:
- For believers undergoing cursing, deceit and violence, that they keep hoping in the Lord
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Psalm 10 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)