5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray like David:
I love you, Lord, my shield, my strength, my rock, my tow’r, my sure defense.
I called; you rescued from my foes, from savage snares, beyond immense.
Death, and the terrors of the grave, stood round me with their dismal shade,
While floods of high temptations rose, and made my sinking soul afraid.
In my distress I called, “My God,” when I could scarce believe him mine:
He bowed his ear to my complaint. Then how his grace appeared divine:
Great were my fears, and great my foes, much was their strength, and more their rage;
But you my Lord, are conqueror still, in all the wars which devils wage.
My song forever shall record that terrible, that joyful hour;
And give all glory to you, Lord, for all your mercy and your power. Amen.
- He rode on a cherub and flew, soaring on the wings of the wind. 11 He made darkness his hiding place, dark storm clouds his canopy around him. 12 From the radiance of his presence, his clouds swept onward with hail and blazing coals.
- 13 The LORD thundered from heaven; the Most High made his voice heard. 14 He shot his arrows and scattered them; he hurled lightning bolts and routed them.
- 15 The depths of the sea became visible, the foundations of the world were exposed, at your rebuke, LORD, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils. 16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he pulled me out of deep water. 17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy and from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me.
- 18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the LORD was my support. 19 He brought me out to a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
For yourself pray:
- That you God rescues you from your most frightening situation
Other people to pray for:
- For believers in China who need Bibles
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Psalm 18 (YouTube, female soloist with guitar)