5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray like David:
I love you, Lord, my shield, my strength, my rock, my tow’r, my sure defense.
I called; you rescued from my foes, from savage snares, beyond immense.
Death, and the terrors of the grave, stood round me with their dismal shade,
While floods of high temptations rose, and made my sinking soul afraid.
In my distress I called, “My God,” when I could scarce believe him mine:
He bowed his ear to my complaint. Then how his grace appeared divine:
Great were my fears, and great my foes, much was their strength, and more their rage;
But you my Lord, are conqueror still, in all the wars which devils wage.
My song forever shall record that terrible, that joyful hour;
And give all glory to you, Lord, for all your mercy and your power. Amen.
- God — his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is pure. He is a shield to all who take refuge in him. 31 For who is God besides the LORD? And who is a rock? Only our God.
- 32 God — he clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect. 33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and sets me securely on the heights.
- 34 He trains my hands for war; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 35 You have given me the shield of your salvation; your right hand upholds me, and your humility exalts me.
- 36 You make a spacious place beneath me for my steps, and my ankles do not give way.
For yourself pray:
- That God fits you for the fight against the devil and your flesh
Other people to pray for:
- For those you know who are feeling strongest, that they find confidence in the Lord, not themselves
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Psalm 18 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)