5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to God like David:
For times when I have failed you, I ask your mercy, Lord.
For grace to lead a fruitful life, and peace in you restored:
So let me walk before you in full integrity,
To worship you throughout my days and all eternity. Amen.
- For the choir director. A psalm of David.
- Happy is one who is considerate of the poor; the LORD will save him in a day of adversity. 2 The LORD will keep him and preserve him; he will be blessed in the land. You will not give him over to the desire of his enemies. 3 The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed; you will heal him on the bed where he lies.
- 4 I said, “LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you.”
- 5 My enemies speak maliciously about me: “When will he die and be forgotten?” 6 When one of them comes to visit, he speaks deceitfully; he stores up evil in his heart; he goes out and talks. 7 All who hate me whisper together about me; they plan to harm me. 8 “Something awful has overwhelmed him, and he won’t rise again from where he lies!” 9 Even my friend in whom I trusted, one who ate my bread, has raised his heel against me.
- 10 But you, LORD, be gracious to me and raise me up; then I will repay them. 11 By this I know that you delight in me: my enemy does not shout in triumph over me. 12 You supported me because of my integrity and set me in your presence forever.
- 12 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen.
For yourself pray:
- That the Lord will show you that he delights in you
Other people to pray for:
- For those preparing to preach God’s Word this weekend
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Psalm 41 (YouTube, soloist with piano)