5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to God like David:
For times when I have failed you, I ask your mercy, Lord.
For grace to lead a fruitful life, and peace in you restored:
So let me walk before you in full integrity,
To worship you throughout my days and all eternity. Amen.
- For the choir director: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David.
- God, listen to my prayer and do not hide from my plea for help. 2 Pay attention to me and answer me. I am restless and in turmoil with my complaint, 3 because of the enemy’s words, because of the pressure of the wicked. For they bring down disaster on me and harass me in anger.
- 4 My heart shudders within me; terrors of death sweep over me. 5 Fear and trembling grip me; horror has overwhelmed me. 6 I said, “If only I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and find rest. 7 How far away I would flee; I would stay in the wilderness. Selah 8 I would hurry to my shelter from the raging wind and the storm.”
- 9 Lord, confuse and confound their speech, for I see violence and strife in the city; 10 day and night they make the rounds on its walls. Crime and trouble are within it; 11 destruction is inside it; oppression and deceit never leave its marketplace.
For yourself pray:
- That God would keep you far from trouble
Other people to pray for:
- For those about to graduate from local schools
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Psalm 55 (YouTube, soloist with guitar)