5-days-a-week through the Psalms in 2018
First pray to God:
With singing crowds that surged along I gladly took my part;
But now when I recall their song, my God, it breaks my heart.
Why does such grief weigh down my soul? Why such despair and pain?
I hope in God who makes me whole and praise him once again. Amen.
- For the choir director. A Maskil of the sons of Korah.
- As a deer longs for flowing streams, so I long for you, God. 2 I thirst for God, the living God. When can I come and appear before God? 3 My tears have been my food day and night, while all day long people say to me, “Where is your God?”
- 4 I remember this as I pour out my heart: how I walked with many, leading the festive procession to the house of God, with joyful and thankful shouts.
- 5 Why, my soul, are you so dejected? Why are you in such turmoil? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise him, my Savior and my God.
- 6 I am deeply depressed; therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. 7 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your breakers and your billows have swept over me.
- 8 The L<small?ORD will send his faithful love by day; his song will be with me in the night– a prayer to the God of my life.
- 9 I will say to God, my rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about in sorrow because of the enemy’s oppression?”
- 10 My adversaries taunt me, as if crushing my bones, while all day long they say to me, “Where is your God?”
- 11 Why, my soul, are you so dejected? Why are you in such turmoil? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise him, my Savior and my God.
For yourself pray:
- That you will favor praise your Savior and your God
Other people to pray for:
- For people you know undergoing dejection and depression
A psalm setting to listen to:
- Psalm 42 (YouTube, band)